The Vesryn Region is the region in which the two games take place.
It is a fairly progressive region, containing space stations, a government, and more. It is divided into three sections: The Mainland, to the west; the Chrome Circle, a series of islands in the center; and the Vesryn Spear, a sliver of land to the east.
The Mainland continent of the Vesryn Region is where the player's adventure begins. The cities and towns in it include:
- Nyasa Town, the player character's hometown from which the player leaves through the Escape Route during the game's prologue.
- Zarivar Town, with Professor Oak's lab and where the story begins.
- Superior City, home to the Wonder Cave and the first Gym Leader, the Fighting-type user Devon.
- Onega Town, with the 2nd Gym, led by Grass-type user Gideon, as well as a Berry garden, a grassy plains Safari Zone, and a region-renowned Museum.
- Fianga City, a progressive city with a PokéHadron Collider, a Wireless Communications Depot, and the 4th Gym, led by an android named PK-096.
- Kariba Town, a place for travelers to rest in the middle of Route 308, located over the PokéHadron Collider.
- Agassiz Town, a "desert paradise" that hosts the 3rd Gym, led by Jonathan and his Rock-types and home to the Psychic Temple.
- Turkana Town, a small village where Arceus is said to have once lived.
- Kivu Town, a coastal town where the 5th Gym Leader, Graham lives with his Ghost-type Pokémon.
- Tisza Town, with Professor Elm's lab, through which the player must pass to reach the Vesryn Spear.
This part of the region is much more of a urban landmass than the mainland. Cities, towns and landmarks include:
- Ladoga Town, a small town reached by surfing east of Kivu with a shrine in the northeast.
- Treader Town, a small town at the base of the giant Mount Press. It hosts the regional Game Corner and the 6th Gym Leader, Avery, a user of Bug-type Pokémon and notorious for status effects.
- Mount Press, the largest mountain in the region. It exudes mysticism, and psychics and similar travelers often try hiking up.
- Blackfist City, the largest city in the region. Holds the Department Store, a cave Safari Zone, a train station, and the 7th Gym Leader: Demetri, a Psychic-type user.
- Caspian City, a large city that was flooded and hosts the final Gym, containing Miranda's Fire-types.
- Huron Town, the last settlement before Victory Road.
- Yangtze Town, a small coastal town that is home to a watery Safari Zone.
- Quasar Plateau, the home of the Elite Four and Champion